Skinny Skinny

I get the message...

KILL THE CAPITALIST PIGS!!!

Right, comrade?

Alice is Dead - Ep 3 Alice is Dead - Ep 3

Unfinished, far as I'm concerned

With the hype and production values as high as they are, I don't understand why you cut the game off so suddenly like you did--especially if this is the last installment. Nothing has been resolved. Nothing has really been explained. The game stopped just as the basic plot was being filled in.

What was Dr. Raymond Burr working on?
What happened to Mary Ann?
How does the Wabberjack (or whatever) from AID2 fit into this? If it's such a big part of the story, why was I just killed by a homo-gangster at the end?
(was the tape given by Rulio REALLY the last tape?)

Without nit-picking over the details (like the 1-D stereotype that is White "Whatever" Rabbit and how the Brain medal isn't working yet), I can say this game has fallen well-below expectations, and any 10s you receive are based off the visual and sound quality alone.

...

BTW, that song performance was amazing. Please give my regards to Hania. Where you guys crapped-out half-way, she really put in all she's worth--and she's the gold standard.

There's some debate, but overall people find this review helpful
ImpendingRiot responds:

1. What was Dr. Raymond Burr working on - If you read about Oystercloud in 2, and then listened to the tapes in 3, it should be kind of obvious.

2. That isn't the Jabberwocky. Again, listen to the tapes.

3. Because that is the life style that criminal rabbits lead.

I don't think we crapped out half-way at all.

The Place to Have Sex The Place to Have Sex

WTF?

More kids?! How am I supposed to get turned on when every other picture is of an 8-year old girl being raped?

Pilgrimage Pilgrimage

Insincere

First of all, I can tell your "Artist's Statement" on the title page was just a mish-mash of cliched eccentric-artist bs. Morons fell for it, but it's easy to tell what you did. I just don't know WHY you did it. The game itself was no fun at all and I came away in a foul mood because of it.

So, 0 for you.

AN Escape Series #5 AN Escape Series #5

Awesome

Dude, your games kick-ass. Some of the best escape games around. Glad to finally play another. Difficult, logical, and well-rendered. Your music is also excellent--is it original?
Since it's C 2009, you must have been sitting on this for a while (by that I mean keeping it to yourself on your site). We know it takes time to make these, so why don't you just advertise when you come out with new ones on Newgrounds? That way you won't have to wait until you get less traffic towards the game before posting it here, because everyone on Newgrounds will go immediately to your site.

Sweatshop Boy Sweatshop Boy

One thing I don't get:

If it's such a horrible, horrible job, why doesn't Sweatshop Boy work someplace--anyplace--else? Is it because all the other jobs are worse? Pay less? Don't have AC (not that sweatshops always do)? Wouldn't it be better if there were no evil corporations recruiting overseas workers to do labor for them? Instead of working 14 hours in factories earning a few cents an hour, he could be plowing an arid field with his family in the sun all day long, making no money, having no savings, and starving to death.

If all these shops are run by Brown-Shirt wannabees (like in your game), and conditions are worse in them than anywhere else, no one would work there at all (unless they were dragged kicking and screaming to a sewing machine, which would make it painfully obvious that "free trade" isn't the problem). Anyone who wants sweatshop conditions to improve needs to stand up for themselves. The problem isn't a lack of trade laws, but a lack of self-respect and individualist ideals in the communities where these shops are run. Everything and everyone is just a means to an end in those countries. That needs to change. And if the people demand respect and the companies that set up shop there decide to leave, so be it. Until all workers--INDIVIDUALS, NOT GOVT. AGENCIES--recognize their own self-worth and demand it be recognized by their employers, they will forever be at the mercy of the blazing sun and ruthless middle-management.

Oh, and no offense, but the game wasn't very fun to play. It takes a couple of tries to get it right, but the two outcomes arrive so quickly that the message is learned and forgotten almost in the same moment. Maybe make a documentary next time instead? Have Michael Moore and Morgan Spurlock narrate to add credibility ;).

Project Flame [demo2] Project Flame [demo2]

Wow. A little derivative, but excelent quality!

First, the not-so-good:
Players can immediately see where you're drawing your inspiration from, but it comes off as more of a ripoff than inspiration in certain respects. Half-Life was clearly a pivotal environment reference because so many of the rooms are filled with green slime and/or hanging electrical cables. It's become a bit of a cliche that I think should be used very conservatively. The robot, Vux, looks almost exactly like one of those human containers from Half-Life 2, but it looks cool and doesn't jump out as a ripoff. I groaned out loud when the character noted there was a "fire temple" under the lab. I STRONGLY recommend finding a new way to describe the scene to avoid blatantly referencing the most self-replicating franchise of all time (besides Mario). The character design for the lead is fresh (as far as I know), but the female character, Aya, needs to be redesigned. There is nothing original about her appearance, which is just a generic sci-fi manga female.

I've only brought these things up because I know you guys are above following redundant trends, based on the amazing, purely original content that the rest of the demo embodies:

The art is incredible. The level of detail in the environment is worthy of notation by talent scouts in the 2D-gaming industry. The ominous mood is well established, complimented in no small part by good sound and lighting direction. The backgrounds are beautiful. The interface is clever, with the flame-thrower at the left-hand side of the screen with a meter that fills as fuel is exhausted. The dialog windows are a nice touch--not groundbreaking, but adding to the game's personality. There isn't much to say about the story yet, as the demo starts in media res. I implore you all to avoid drawing too heavily on Doom, Half-Life, FF, or Zelda as you fill in the details.

And that's all I have to say about it.

Abandoned 2 Abandoned 2

Meh.

It really wasn't very scary, but the main reason I'm marking you down is for those ridiculous ads that kept interrupting me. Ruined the immersion.

Tax Time! Tax Time!

Oops

I was wrong. The guy didn't try to burn his family alive, that was some other guy. Instead I'm giving you a 0 just because the game wasn't any fun and I feel like I wasted my time playing it (same as all my other 0's for games). I only hope that this comment can save the time of other bored, hapless internet users.

(Oh, and if no one had died, I'd send a letter to the Pope to petition for Joe Stack's sainthood)

farmBee farmBee

Nothing special

It's good at keeping your audience hooked, for some reason, but is crack. You took a simple concept, made it addictive, but didn't really do anything exceptional. It was okay, but try something bolder next time.

BTW: How do you kill the Communists?